- In a small saucepan or microwave, melt butter with brown sugar and corn syrup, cook until sugar begins to dissolve. Stir until smooth. Pour into 13 x 9-inch (3.5 L) glass baking dish, chill until hard.
- In medium bowl, whisk eggs, Cream, Milk, Grand Marnier, vanilla and salt.
- Place half of the bread slices in a single layer over the chilled topping, and pour custard mixture over bread until just covered. Add another layer of bread slices, top with remaining custard. Cover and refrigerate on a flat surface overnight (8-12 hours).
- Preheat oven to 325° F (160° C). Bake uncovered for 45-55 minutes or until golden brown and firm in centre to touch and centre piece is not shiny.
- Run a knife along outside edges to release, let stand 5 minutes. Turn out onto serving platter, careful not to lose any of the syrup. Serve immediately.
- Good source of riboflavin and folate.