Account Manager - Food Service
Department: Corporate Foodservice Sales
Reports to: Manager of National Foodservice Sales
Reporting to the National Foodservice Sales Manager, this role is responsible for the Sales and Account Management of existing Foodservice accounts, in addition to building new partnerships and business opportunities within the foodservice business sector. You possess excellent communication and organizational skills working within a team environment. This position is also responsible for meeting annual sales and profit targets as well as conducting regular business reviews within your customer base
- Responsible for delivering an exceptional level of service, while proactively building both internal and external strategic relationships.
- Develop new business with existing clients and identify areas to increase sales and profit.
- Identify and solicit new opportunities / new business with new customers.
- Proactively identify and prioritize client needs, opportunities and risks.
- Liaise with customer sales and procurement teams to encourage an open line of dialogue.
- Meet sales and category management objectives using business development plan and analyzing market trends.
- Work closely with internal departments as necessary to ensure effective communication in regards to customer forecasts, program accruals, promotional activity, quality control and quality assurance concerns, assist in New Product development, and convey price increases/changes to our respective customers as necessary.
- Organize and assist with food shows as required.
- Other ad hoc projects as assigned by Management.
- Some travel may be required.
- Must have post-secondary education in business or sales and marketing
- Minimum 2 years of related sales experience.
- Experience working in a Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) company or experience in the foodservice channel considered an asset.
- Strong presentation and written/verbal communication skills.
- Advanced computer skills required; including MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and other MS applications.
- Self-motivated with high energy, ability to multi-task and execute multiple projects on time and on budget.
- Strong analytical and negotiation skills.
- Ability to approach projects with innovative and creative thinking, generating fresh ideas and competitive results.
- Positive team player who can work effectively with internal and external partners.
- Demonstrated ability to challenge status quo, influence and drive change and results
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks.
- Valid G driving licence required.
What We Offer You:
- Opportunity to apply for membership into the Co-operative, joining in the Company’s success!
- Vibrant culture that welcomes everyone's talent, ideas and thinking outside the box
- Competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and retirement savings, with training opportunities and career advancement potential!
- Bonus program rewarding company growth, profitability, and your success!
Gay Lea Foods is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in our workplace. Reasonable accommodation is available upon request throughout our recruitment and selection process.
Process Excellence Lead
"I joined the Gay Lea team looking for an opportunity to challenge myself in a rewarding environment and to further grow my skill set. What I experienced since then has been more than just an opportunity; it has given me a sense of family. The family and friendship within Gay Lea far surpasses any other reward."Read More