Quality Control Lab Technician
Location: Longlife Plant
Schedule: Continental - rotating shift
Reporting to the Quality Control Supervisor, the scope of this position involves ensuring the production process meets superior food safety systems (HACCP) and quality standards from entry of raw materials into the facility, to the processing of goods, to shipment of finished product.
- Prepare samples, media and buffers used for daily analysis
- Perform chemical and microbiological testing of dairy products
- Generate test results with a high level of accuracy and reliability
- Conduct product swabbing and environmental sampling
- Produce reports and computer data entry of various information for the purpose of maintaining accurate records
- Maintain laboratory equipment and maintain cleanliness within the lab
- Work closely with production staff in the areas of sanitation, hygiene, GMPs and related necessary training
- Complete tasks in a timely manner
- Other duties as assigned by Management
Qualifications & Competencies:
- Bachelor of Science Degree or Diploma in Microbiology or Food Science
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in the food industry
- Knowledge of microbiological procedures and autoclaving techniques
- Knowledge of HACCP, GMPs, allergens, and food security
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal/written communication and problem solving skills
- Proficient computer abilities using Word & Excel
General office and lab conditions, with frequent periods spent in manufacturing facility. Occasional exposure to hazardous materials (auto clave), chemical substances and bio-hazardous bacteria.
Frequent climbing of stairs and lifting of materials to a maximum of 20kg. Standing for a continous length of time. Sitting and walking for a moderate lenght of time.
Gay Lea Foods is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in our workplace. Reasonable accommodation is available upon request throughout our recruitment and selection process.
Process Excellence Lead
"I joined the Gay Lea team looking for an opportunity to challenge myself in a rewarding environment and to further grow my skill set. What I experienced since then has been more than just an opportunity; it has given me a sense of family. The family and friendship within Gay Lea far surpasses any other reward."Read More